Island Church of Whidbey is an accredited church with The Alliance aspiring to be a Christ-centered, Spirit-led, disciple-making fellowship that is called to thoughtfully engage, unconditionally love, and humbly serve the diverse community on South Whidbey and in the world.
The church is seeking a new Senior Pastor to lead their congregation; their previous Senior Pastor recently returned to his family’s place of origin for family considerations.
The next pastor of Island Church of Whidbey should be:
- An experienced team leader who can bring about change
- An evangelist who can be community and world focused
- A preacher who systematically teaches the truths of scripture in a practical way
- A leader who has experience developing leaders
- Approachable with a heart for helping all people
- A shepherd who is well-spoken and a knowledgeable teacher
- Deeply committed to spiritual formation and demonstrate a commitment to being a life-long learner
- Willing to live and put down roots in the Pacific Northwest, while accepting the limitations and joys of living on an island
- Licensable with the Alliance
- A seminary education is necessary
- Any candidate not currently licensed by the Alliance is required to fill out an online application through the website www.cmalliance.org
To apply or learn more about the Senior Pastor role, the church, and the community, please download the search packet on the Pastoral Search page on the church's website: