Mercer Creek Church, a community fully engaging in the life and mission of Jesus Christ, is seeking a lead pastor to lead their congregation for the foreseeable future.
Lead Pastor Profile:
Character (God given personality traits)
- Deep intimacy with Jesus; committed to prayer and in love with God’s Word.
- Filled with humility and grace with a heart for the broken, marginalized, and lost.
- Passion to reach people for Christ here and around the world.
- Secure in his calling and confident who God created him to be.
- Highly relational and able to connect with different generations, communities, and religions
Competency (Key Ministry Skills)
- Visionary leader with the ability to build on the church’s strong foundation.
- High level management skills with successful experience in leading a larger congregation/staff.
- Biblically-rooted teacher who can give dynamic messages with practical, life application.
- Effective communicator capable of empowering staff and lay leaders .
- Ability to foster a culture that allows for real conversation and deeper relationships in the church.
- Experience with building a culture of lifestyle evangelism.
- Possess master’s level training in a ministry-oriented field or a significant ministry experience
Chemistry (Church and Community Fit)
- Capable of functioning well in a larger church located in a smaller community.
- Comfortable with a casual rural Northwest lifestyle.
- Able to connect well with a diverse community of rural and academic lifestyles.
- Ability and interest in serving a multi-generational church.
- Committed to serve at Mercer Creek Church long term and willing to put down roots in Ellensburg, WA.
Please visit the Lead Pastor Search page on their website for more information about the search process, the church, and the community of Ellensburg, WA.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Mercer Creek Church
1407 North B Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926