Leading a local church from a place of true health requires significant intentionality on the part of the leader and supportive encouragement from the church board. We want to help catalyze this critical issue of healthy leadership.
- Spiritual Direction & Counseling: The Field Office seeks to help church boards care for their leaders’ ongoing spiritual health by providing a grant to underwrite a portion of the cost of a monthly appointment with a Spiritual Director or Counselor. For Field Office grant information and a current list of Spiritual Direction and Counseling resources, contact Lisa Casper.
- Sexual Integrity: We understand the trap of sexual addiction and the pull of pornography for the pastor. Over the years we’ve developed a solid partnership with Pure Desire (puredesire.org), an organization specializing in providing care and support for pastoral leaders. If you’re struggling with pornography and are ready for help, we want to help cover some of the costs. Contact Dennis Pust for a completely confidential conversation that could be your first step toward freedom, health and greater impact.
- Renew : Every year in the early weeks of January many from the Alliance Northwest family gather in beautiful Cannon Beach, Oregon, to recharge—spiritually and physically. The Renew retreat offers a space for biblical encouragement, reflection, worship, friendship, walks on the beach, or even a long nap. We encourage church boards to care for their leaders by sending them to Renew. Renew 2016 is scheduled for January 14-16; registration materials will be sent to leaders in September. Contact Lisa Casper with specific questions you may have about this next year’s retreat.
- Academy of Spiritual Formation: The Alliance Northwest partners with Soul Formation to provide a specialized 18-month learning experience to help pastors deepen their own relationship with Jesus and strengthen the foundation of ministry to others. The biblically-based, Spirit- led experience involves participating in a cohort of approximately 25 leaders that meet together in four 4-day retreats over 18 months. Participation includes reading a number of books and participating in a monthly spiritual direction triad with other leaders from the cohort. For more information on the Academy, the next cohort and available scholarships, contact Lisa Casper.
- Care in Crises: The Alliance Northwest also serves the local church during times of significant crisis in a leader’s family to help provide stability in the home while helping the church navigate leadership adjustments.