Philadelphia Eritrean Church, an evangelical church in the Shoreline district of Seattle, WA, is looking for two Children's Ministers who have a passion to serve kids and help them grow in the knowledge and wisdom of Jesus Christ. Email resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Children's Minister is a ministry position that is responsible to carry out the church's vision of raising Godly children. The worker will serve children in the church to have a "learning, interactive and fun environment" so they may love to come to the house of the Lord and develop Christian values as they interact with one another. The position requires the commitment of at least ten hours a week to effectively function.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop a lesson plan for each Sunday based on the children's age and the church's choice of curriculum
- Prepare teaching aids and activities that are in line with the weekly lesson plans
- Encourage children to develop their talents through different projects and activities
- Recruit, organize and assign volunteers to engage in the ministry
- Organize picnics, games and other outdoor activities periodically that would help children interact freely but responsibly with one another
- Make sure that snacks and other resources are available for the children during sessions
- Make all efforts necessary to stay connected with parents so they become part of what is going on in their children's life at church
- Work with elders in preparing the budget, and managing the ministry's budget
- Be a role model to the children of the church, setting an example of Christian life in words and deeds
- Demonstrate a genuine love for children and the sense of calling in serving children
- Demonstrate competence to speak with the children "in their languages" to earn the children's trust and respect