Journey Community Church is all about following Jesus, making disciples and changing the world. A part of The Alliance movement, they are an Acts 1:18 family, inspired by Jesus’ love and empowered by His Spirit, and are passionate to bring the good news about Him to the neighborhoods and world. Visit their website to learn about their vision and story. Download this PDF for more information about their church and the neighborhood they serve.
Journey is searching for a Pastor who has the following character, skills and vision:
- Clearly a “man after God’s heart”, devoted and obedient to Christ, seeking to grow in wisdom and understanding.
- Aware that he is imperfect and must fully rely on God while intentionally seeking to know his strengths and blindspots in order to be even more effective.
- Follows Christ in the practice of all of the spiritual disciplines: in particular the personal practices of prayer, Bible study and meditation.
- Promotes unity in the church and is team focused.
- Flexible: open to feedback, welcomes suggestions and is comfortable leading the church through needed changes.
Skills and Behaviors
- Preaches with focus, clarity and passion, expositing scripture with application.
- Comfortable in groups and with individuals, making others feel comfortable and heard.
- Passionate about bringing people to Christ and seeing them grow.
- Able to have difficult conversations with discernment and grace.
- Skilled in mentoring, coaching and growing leaders.
- Shepherds his flock, lovingly exerting his role while discipling, protecting and encouraging.
- Able to delegate and oversee.
- Master’s of Divinity or Doctorate preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 – 5 years relatable experience.
- All doctrinal beliefs align with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination.
- Demonstrated ability of developing, delegating and empowering leaders.
- Demonstrated skill in supervision of staff – paid and volunteer.
- Passion for living out the mission of Christ in their life.
- Submit cover letter and resume by June 30, 2018.
- Submit 3 – 5 min video answering this question:
- What does the gospel mean to you and what are specific ways you have recently applied that in your ministry?
- Submit 1 page written response to this question:
- Relate specific instances of God using you to develop (equip) individuals or groups in service to him?
- Submit letter, resume, and written response to this email address: email@example.com
Upon receiving your written application the church will send a link to upload your video submission. If you prefer you may also send your submitted video on a flash drive to:
YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
C/O Loren Johnson
4717 S 19th St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Journey Community Church
1801 N Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98406