Worship & Creative Arts Pastor
Smokey Point Community Church is a multigenerational church, with a mission to, “Exalt God by following Jesus together as family, being transformed by His grace, engaging the broken with His love.” What we passionately envision is – A community set free! We are committed to reaching our neighborhoods and the nations with the love of Christ.
We have three worship gatherings each weekend, with attendance around 500. We are seeking a full time team member who can motivate and lead our family to worship our Great God in Spirit and Truth. We see our gatherings as a time of great celebration, including a variety of music, from upbeat and energetic to reflective and contemplative. Artists we currently use include David Crowder, Bethel Worship, Elevation Worship and Hillsong. This ministry needs a leader who is humble, teachable and is a skilled musician. Someone who can recruit, equip, and shepherd teams of volunteers.
1. Worship Team
- Recruit, audition, train, and schedule music team members.
- Recruit and schedule sound and visual technicians.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community by providing spiritual care and encouragement to the team.
- Communicate vision and purpose to team members.
- Help support and develop the student ministries worship team and the next generation of worship leaders.
2. Weekend Services
- Plan, organize and be an enthusiastic presence for leading worship in three worship services.
- Work closely with the preaching pastor to develop elements of the service that will flow into a cohesive message and response.
- Exhort and encourage the church to be intentional worshippers.
- Research and select worship and special music.
- Schedule teams and distribute music using Planning Center.
- Provide leadership for the band in rehearsals and services.
- Prepare and develop visual elements of the service.
- Plan and implement any special worship events or programs.
3. Creative Arts
- Give leadership and oversight to creative arts ministries.
- Develop a ministry plan to utilize creative expressions for learning and worship.
- Meet regularly with team leaders.
- Stay current with new music, technologies & worship expressions.
- Develop and maintain ministry budgets.
- Oversee maintenance and repairs of sound equipment.
- Develop tools for and regularly evaluate the ministry’s effectiveness.
- Faithfully attend staff meetings and functions.
- This ministry description is a work in process and will be evaluated each year.
Please send inquiries or resume to Jim Johnson: email@example.com