The College Pastor helps to fulfill the vision of Mercer Creek Church “a community fully engaging in the life and mission of Jesus Christ,” by leading programs and equipping leaders to engage college age students.
- Models the lifestyle of a fully engaged follower of Jesus Christ.
- Owns and lives out the core values of the church.
- Seeks and maintains credentials with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Possesses above average skill in the areas of leadership, administration, and preaching.
- Displays a teachable spirit, functions as a team player and maintains a positive “can do” attitude
- Continues to grow, sharpen, and keep relevant through reading, conferences, prayer, study, and continuing education
- Receives ministry direction from the Executive Pastor of Ministries, who will conduct an annual performance review and recommend the salary for this position consistent with merit and tenure.
- Maintains regular working hours. Staff members’ schedules need to be communicated with the church office personnel. Major projects outside of regular local church duties should be cleared with the Executive Pastor of Ministries in advance.
- Leadership and Administrative (50%): train and equip a team of leaders to minister to college students
- Facilitate Tuesday night Young Adult worship Services
- Develop leadership teams
- Provide biblical teaching on Tuesday nights
- Prepare salt budget and manage finances
- Plan and organize retreats and short term mission trips
- Align ministry objectives to support the vision of Mercer Creek Church
- Develop and implement a plan to facilitate evangelism, outreach and discipleship for students outside of Mercer Creek Church
- Supervise the college ministry staff
- Discipleship and Pastoral Care (40%): Create a structure that will actively disciple and care for college students and young adults of Ellensburg and help them to discover their unique calling on this journey. •
- Meet with students in groups and individually to help them discover their place in the community of Salt, Mercer Creek Church and ultimately God’s family
- Encourage students to meet regularly in a discipleship relationship and/or small group
- Be available for students in need of spiritual counsel and direction
- Provide marriage and pre-marriage counseling and assist with weddings and funerals as needed.
- Mercer Creek Church (10%): work closely with the Executive Pastor of Ministries and Mercer Creek staff to accomplish other jobs as assigned
- Speak regularly at weekend services
Interested Candidates are encouraged to send resumés and any additional information to Heather.May@mercercreek.org.