Donor Engagement Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in all efforts aimed at increasing donor engagement and securing financial support for the Great Commission Fund and other projects of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is seeking an experienced donor operations manager. This is a full-time, exempt position located at the National Office in Colorado Springs. This position reports to the director for Donor Engagement and is responsible for providing donor support. In the performance of his/her responsibilities, this position supports the overall mission of the C&MA as described below.
- Four-year college degree in related field required.
- Professional certification specific to the position, if applicable.
- Experience maintaining prospect information, data management systems, and gift processing.
- Seasoned and capable professional with exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with cultural and socio-economically diverse communities.
- 5–7 years of experience in a related position required.
- 3–5 years of experience within the C&MA preferred.
- Knowledge of donor engagement and fund-raising best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential to this role; ability to work with leadership across areas of ministry, major donors, and the diverse communities served by C&MA.
- Detail oriented; ability to prioritize work, multitask, while meeting deadlines.
- Requires solving complex problems or planning and developing programs and procedures, is a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Requires good analytical skills, high degree of initiative, accuracy, personal responsibility, commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
- Proactive, solution-oriented, highly collaborative, autonomous, with passion for the C&MA mission.
- Serves in a vital role within the Donor Engagement team.
- Works closely with the Director for Donor Engagement, assisting in all efforts aimed at increasing donor engagement and securing financial support for the Great Commission Fund (GCF) and other projects of the C&MA and C&MA partnerships.
- Implements and oversees fund-raising systems for active and prospective C&MA donors to assist in the strategic growth of the C&MA’s platform for individual giving with a focus on managing communication, cultivation, and stewardship operational systems, developing improvements where needed.
- Oversees and analyzes the C&MA donor-retention process, including retention mailings and developing and implementing retention strategies.
- Ensures a donor centered gifting and processing system, including an intuitive platform for seamless online giving.
- Ensures all donors are receipted/acknowledged and thanked appropriately and in a timely manner, including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gift thank you responses, recurring donor thank you responses, and ongoing thank you responses.
- Works closely with leadership in Finance, Information Technology, International Ministries, and Church Ministries to ensure the fund-raising strategy and goals are implemented effectively and in alignment with other areas of ministry.
- Works closely with the director for Donor Engagement to facilitate the Donor Engagement team meetings which include the Donor Engagement Office as well as the donor services supervisor, the president, and VP for Development.
- Analyzes and reports on donor engagement efforts including online and paper fund-raising campaigns, providing monthly fund-raising progress reports, analyzing complex financial and constituent data, and translating into easily understandable graphs and infographics to share with the Donor Engagement team, and President’s Cabinet and Board of Directors.
- Conducts cost/benefit analysis on fund-raising activities, analyzing fund-raising trends/results over multiple years.
- Evaluates and establishes Funding Management System (FMS) best practices, including maintaining the FMS policies and procedures manual.
- Establishes and monitors procedures and quality control measures for gift processing and acknowledgements to ensure FMS data integrity and accessibility of information; trains staff on proper use of the FMS.
- Assists with the planning and execution of Donor Engagement events.
- Oversees the donor engagement duties of Donor Services.
- Responsible for and uses the wealth-screening tool to research, screen, and qualify potential C&MA donors to better identify, engage, and serve those with the highest giving capacity/potential.
- As requested, carries a small portfolio of current major donors and acts as relationship manager to them.
The C&MA is an evangelical denomination committed to planting churches both in the United States and internationally. The C&MA is committed to world missions, stressing the fullness of Christ in personal experience, building the Church, and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. The ultimate goal of all programs, functions, and activities undertaken by the C&MA is to further the foregoing purposes and to give spiritual and organizational support to all general members of the C&MA, so that they are free to preach the gospel, to plant churches, and to hasten the return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Because of the C&MA’s primary and exclusive Christian and religious purposes, the C&MA will employ only individuals who:
Profess a personal belief in Jesus Christ as personal Savior; and
Accept and live in accordance with the C&MA Statement of Faith; and
Are an active member in a local evangelical Christian church; and
Accept and abide by the Policy on Alcohol and Marijuana Use; and
Accept and abide by the Statement on Human Sexuality